Thursday 1 August 2013



The weather in Galway is............... a little wet today!  We have had Tornado warnings and the first one was seen off the coast in Salthill this morning........ found this picture on facebook and had to share!  Wish I was there.......
 

I love crazy weather but when you live in Ireland..........you either have to embrace it or you're gonna be one very sad individual!  I love that our climate gives us cause to wear our raincoats in July and our sunglasses in January!!!

So, while I might not be on the Promenade in Salthill today.......... this is the view I'm privileged to have and on a slow day like today, it's just perfect.


Listening to the rain belting down on the skylights and looking out at it from my cosy couch.  Thankful that i don't have to be out in it today like those at the Galway Races.  FB is flooded with pictures of the ladies dressed to impressed, hair all styled and hats to rival My Fair Lady, let's just say, I'm happier here!


I'm having a bit of a lazy day today, trying to decide what sewing today.  I've a few works in progress that I can get on with.......

I'm making a little lap quilt for my mother from a kit that a lovely lady sent me in the post.  This one is on the go a looooooooooooong time since it promptly went missing about 8 months ago after I got this far and only turned up last week! 

I'm also working on my #swoon2013 quilt.  So close to finishing but I'm in need of a change of pace so think I'll shelve that for a few days anyway.....

I should also do some work on my hand-quilting of my Seaside Quilt.......... 
Of course, I could just start something new.  Would love to make a quilted bag and a table runner, or some placemats....... Oh decisions, decisions.  Maybe I'll go make some lunch and decide on a full belly!



Show Comments: OR

No comments: