Tuesday 8 October 2013

A Busy Bee but forgot the honey!

It's been a busy, busy week here.  We've had the dress rehearsal for the Q Club show and at the last minute, my mermaids rock was scrapped.  I just wasn't happy with it so I roped my poor, tool-handy husband in and grabbed my twins shell shaped paddling pool, a few bits of wood and some castors, a massive king-size duvet for padding, a dye sheet and hey, presto! We had a clam for the mermaid to sit in instead of a rock to sit on - and we could roll her on stage instead of carrying her (it's difficult to walk with a fish-tail)!  I still have a bit of work to do on it to make it a bit sparkly for our gorgeous little mermaid and I'll share a picture then!

I've started lots of sewing projects this week but have little or nothing to share........

I started a real cutesy little girl quilt that I'm very excited by but forgot to buy some more steam-a-seam to move on!
I started learning to Quilt-As-You-Go but forgot to buy brown thread to continue on!
I wanted to finish my seaside quilt but forgot to buy the fabric for the binding! 
I've started making hexies, at long last, but don't really have a plan for them yet!

So yes, loads going on and nothing to show for it! 

I did however start a Facebook page at last.  Very unique name of Naptime Stitching - didn't see that one coming, did you?  I didn't realise it would be quite as exciting as it is to watch those "likes" creep up.  Granted I've a long, long way to go and have a lot of work ahead but it's great fun.  Check it out if you get a minute.  I appreciate the support! 

I wouldn't leave you without something pretty to look at though...... have a gander at these gorgeous aprons that Thistlepatch has to offer.  I'm pretty sure that they're only available to those with a degree in home-making and those whose soufflés are super light and fluffy.......... although, I have it on good authority that she doesn't check references, so if you just want to look like someone with those qualifications, you NEED one of these.   Have a sneaky peek at her album, there are other beautiful colours to choose from and they're all so pretty!








One lady, who I'm sure has a pretty apron because she's just that type of girl, is another Naomi (she must be special to share my name, right?).  She has an amazing blog over at Ramekins and Pretty Things.  I reckon her brain works on a completely different level (in a good way) because the combinations she comes up with to bring us the most flavorsome and truly awesome recipes are just out of this world!  I can't wait each week to get my notification of her new blog posts, each one is more interesting than the last! 

Don't be afraid to say Hello to myself, Thistlepatch or Naomi of Ramekins and Pretty Things........ we all love to hear from you!





Show Comments: OR

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooh thank you naomi...you made me blush!...and I wish I could do all that linking stuff....someone please teach me...I'm such a novice!