Tuesday 1 October 2013

Happy Post Day...!

Postman Gerry arrives at my house at 8 o'clock every morning and our alarm goes off about 5 minutes before.  You know those minutes where the bed has never been so inviting, it's so hard to get up, it's so warm under the covers...... but then the doorbell goes and you fly out of the bed, rubbing sleep from your eyes and making sure you're not flashing too much skin before you reach the front door in 2 seconds flat because there is no better reason to get up than to answer the door to a lovely package. 

I think Postman Gerry often feels sorry for my husband (well, my husbands wallet, to be more precise) and has hinted on more than one occasion that I might have an online shopping addiction.  I might have had a little bit of a fondness for it in the past but I am getting much better, especially since The Quilt Shop opened less than 10 minutes away... I just don't need to shop online as much when I can do it in person!!! (but for all the other fabric lovers who don't live on the doorstep, she is working on getting an online shop up and running - even I can't wait, I'll be able to do some late night browsing online but then save on postage by collecting instore....... oh yessssss!).

Anyway......... I knew what was coming on this particular day but it wasn't something I bought.  It was my package from the Pincushion Swap from the Modern Quilt Guild of Ireland.  I had been watching all the gorgeous creations appearing on Flickr but didn't know which one would be for me!  Look at this for a bundle of prettiness......
 
The pincushion has the daintiest floral fabric and is a super size.  I don't know if you can tell from the picture but it's about 6inches in diameter.  Perfect for me because I do seem to constantly loose small things when I'm sewing - my thread, my pins, my seam ripper, but this won't be as easy to mislay!  The card is a wonderful handmade creation with the most adorable quilled ants!  They're super cute!  My wonderful swap partner also included a gorgeous selection of scraps - all a decent size too so I'll be able to put them to good use!   I really enjoyed this swap, despite my own procrastination and long-winded deliberations over what to make....... can't wait for the next swap now!






Show Comments: OR

No comments: