Tuesday 29 October 2013

Shopping time.........nearly!

It's the week of the Knitting and Stitching Show and I'm ridiculously excited to get going.  I've never been and before taking up quilting, I always seemed to pick hobbies with no proper suppliers nearby and always had to purchase online which pushed up the cost because of postage and sometimes customs charges.  Now, I'm spoiled rotten with local shops, friends with similar interests and a super shopping day like the Knitting and Stitching show to look forward too.  The hotel is booked, the car is fuelled (and I'm not going for another 2 days), my bag is not quite packed but I've thought about it, that's progress for me!  I'm thinking I should probably pack a nice bottle of wine for afterwards too, I'm sure it's the least we'll deserve after a days hard shopping work!

This weeks project was to get on with the little boy blanket that I started last week.  It was a joy to make because it was such a simple little design.  I absolutely loved the colours on this quilt.  Primary colours just scream "Little Boy", don't they?  They're fun, they're inspiring and they just cheer you up!  This quilt was started with Mia's new sibling in mind (see my older posts).

 I just had a feeling that she would have a little brother and sure enough, just as I was finishing up, I got the news that Dara had been born!  I added his name using perle cotton that I got in the post from Fluffy Sheep Quilting.  I'm totally converted to perle cotton thread - it's so lovely to work with!  Now I just need to build up a supply of different colours....... :)
So this is Dara's blanket........... what do you think?
The sun has been shining all morning so it was great to be able to pop outside for a few pics to really show off the bright colours!  I did an all-over free motion stipple on the quilting to give it a lovely squishy feel!






Now I've got to finish off Mia's own quilt.  Just a small bit more quilting and binding to do and I can hand them both over and I can head off to the Knitting and Stitching Show guilt free!!!

Show Comments: OR

No comments: