Wednesday 28 January 2015

Samples, Samples, Samples...

This week and next, I'm busy making samples for The Quilt Shop in Tuam.   They're simple little projects to show what can be done with certain items in the shop. 

Last week, I showed you the little cushion made with a Moda Mini Charm pack and Perle Cotton.



This week, we got a gorgeous bunting panel in and I was so taken with it that I bought one for myself along with taking one to make as a sample!  I think the patterns and colours are very similar to Orla Kielys patterns...I've a little obsession with her bags so that's probably why I like this so much. 

Bunting is very satisfying to make.  It's probably one of the easiest items to sew up and sometimes it's great to have a start to finish project done nice and fast!  



So once I had that panel made up, I pulled out another one I had bought a couple of months ago.  This one is super cute too but it has presented a bigger problem.  I think I'm going to have to redecorate my little boys room because I'm dying to hang it and it doesn't currently match at all!!  I'm easing my husband into the idea! 



So for this week, I have two small samples to make using 2 x 10" square pack each with 10 different colours.  Should be fun! 



                                                  


Show Comments: OR

1 comment:

Tomomi McElwee said...

You are working so hard! I love the print on bunting :)